Title

4.25.2005

4 for Tuesday

My mind is aching right now from concern and anticipation. I have this feeling that the events which will determine my fate for the next couple years are going to take place tomorrow. As I mentioned in the last post, I have interviews at both the UES gallery and the hedge fund tomorrow. I failed to state that I have to go meet with the woman who connected me with the hedge fund as well. Today's events add yet one more interview to those.

Earlier this afternoon I called my initial contact at the magazine publisher to inquire about how much progress they has made. I was told that they had just finished interviews last week (as I had previously found out) and were aiming to make a decision by the end of this week. Approximately ten minutes later, she called me back to tell me that my ears must have been burning. The reps who are getting the new assistants wanted to meet with me. Freaky huh? There are unearthly powers at work here.

So that makes for a total of four interviews tomorrow. I am incredibly worried that the timing is going to get screwed up at some point during the day and I am going to fall off schedule. Interviews are so unpredictable in terms of timing; I have spent anywhere from ten minutes to three hours interviewing. Tomorrow, I am planning to attend four meetings in under five hours. Or rather the start time of the final interview occurs less than five hours after the start of the first. [I am led to believe that the last one will take one to two hours.] Three of the four meetings are in midtown, with the unfortunate circumstance of having the one in the Upper East Side smack dab in the middle. I foresee a day in which I am literally running down the streets in my suit, cursing aloud at the subway, and greeting my contacts sweaty and out of breath. Now I think I've made a mistake running my usual lap around Prospect Park today. I will most likely go to bed early tonight, but be unable to fall asleep. Is the suspense shaking you to the core as much as it is shaking me? I'm gonna be shook all night long...

2 Comments:

  • KICK ASS TOMORROW!

    By Blogger Duby, at 9:18 PM  

  • Best of luck tomorrow. At this point you deserve a job and an 'E' for effort (more importantly the job). I too felt your odd response pain when I was told I didn't get the internship in Boston because I was too strong of a candidate. Don't let the man get you down or something like that. Also, let me know if you go 0-4, I'll put you in touch with my friend. email me or hit me up on AIM. Once again, best of luck and don't get arrested (not that I expect you to get arrested...)
    -Brandi

    By Blogger B, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home