Title

3.21.2005

Butt of a Cosmic Joke

I still have yet to hear back from those two main contenders. As I expected, the lame gallery (at which I answered the aspiration question incorrectly) turned me down. Both told me to expect to have heard their decisions the end of last week. I'd be truly baffled if I never heard from either. As I mentioned in the last post, I was successful in arranging for a gallery director I know to call the cool gallery on my behalf. Per his relay, here is the gist of what they told him:

Jaggd is without question the single most intelligent and well-spoken candidate to whom we had the pleasure of speaking. His resume is solid, and clearly reflects significant interest and experience in the business and making of the fine arts. In addition, his interview greatly supported his fit with our gallery. Our main concern is that the above makes him somewhat overqualified for the position, and we fear the position would not challenge him sufficiently, and he would quickly leave us, were a better opportunity to arise.

Those accustomed to my writing might expect the above to be full of sarcasm and scorn, but I swear it is written in earnest. In response to their eloquent character judgment and consideration of my background, I am flattered. In response to their qualms about overqualification, I say, "Ya gotta be f'-in kidding me!" I don't think further explanation is necessary.

Tomorrow, I am adding two more interviews to the line-up: yet another contemporary art gallery, and yet another talent agency. Fortunately, this agency does not concern itself with models, and focuses instead on people who can actually make claims to possessing talent. We are talking hundreds of really big-name clients: actors, singers/bands, and comedians. Apparently, I have to take some tests for them as well. However, in this case, the tests act as a post-pre-screening for candidates. So even though I have already been contacted for an interview, I have to pass these tests to actually be seen. This process is getting truly ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home