Title

3.04.2005

Back in the Saddle

The move was successful. I'm mostly unpacked... mostly. I dig the new digs. I barely even notice the train rumbling beneath anymore. And I'm reconnected to the IV drip that is the internet.

Things have picked up a bit on the job front, once again reaching a peak on the sine curve of activity, certain to be followed by another phase when my existence as a job-seeker ceases to be acknowledged. My mood follows suit, hence my bipolar personality. I wish the wavelength was shorter, and the amplitude lower, making me a more bearable companion, but it's not in the cards. Next week, I am scheduled for four interviews, and I'm going to show them the goods, baby. Have a look at deeeeeez... writing samples. Or something. The breakdown is as follows:

  • Video editing at some strange news service that has researchers pulling clips from relevant sources, and editors splicing them together, then sending them to clients who want to know about newsworthy stories in a specific field as soon as they happen. I really wanted to do editing, but this isn't what I had in mind.
  • Gallery Assistant positions at two contemporary art galleries. If you know about gallery operations, you know that "Gallery Assistant" roughly translates to "Bitch" in common vernacular. Such is life at entry level.
  • A second-round interview at the market research firm. Yup, I made it through the first round standing, though that report took a lot out of me. But if Rocky can make it to the top, I'm gonna keep fighting. I need to download the theme from Rocky to listen to on the way to the interview... Revisiting the past is such sweet sorrow. Check out the inspirational lyrics from this masterpiece of motion picture theme music.

Trying hard now/it's so hard now/trying hard now/

Getting strong now/won't be long now/getting strong now/

Gonna fly now/flying high now/gonna fly, fly, fly...

That's it. Apparently this song was written by a third-grader. Although, I have here a poem which I wrote in third grade, and I have to say it gives this song a run for its money. Without further ado, a poem written by yours truly in third grade entitled, "Brothers", copyright 1990.

Brothers are good for punching and kicking,

Brothers always need a licking,

When brothers pinch, you'll always scream,

Brothers and you can't make a team,

I do not know what brothers are for,

But I do know this, I don't want more.

I'm very proud of this one, and I think it could make a great theme song for my upcoming indie flick, which has nothing to do with siblings, but will most likely involve some punching and kicking, and perhaps some licking with a pinch thrown in as well. I think this is the most meandering end-of-blog-post tangent to date. Please do not republish my work without permission, though bear in mind that if you ask, I will definitely give it to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home