Title

6.03.2005

Tattoo Removal

I've decided to rename my blog. Just like when you tattoo the name of your spouse on your body, then get a divorce, and you have to either cover it up, tweak it, or laser it off so you aren't constantly reminding yourself and other people of your failed marriage. So I’m lasering "Job" and leaving "The Search" because while the job search is over, what is life if not one century-long search? We are always searching for something, whether or not we are conscious of it. Sometimes it is something tangible, like a job or a significant other or good music [see below], and sometimes it is deep and corny, like "meaning" or "ending poverty" or "finding the perfect piece of chocolate cake" [I personally know of several women who are subconsciously engaged in this search.] So what am I searching for now? Well, I am sort of passively searching for my passions. I know I want to go to grad school, but I am not sure of what area of the creative process I want to pursue. Fortunately, I've bought myself some time.

3 Comments:

  • Update: Due to the ridiculously large number of blogs entitled, "The Search", I've added the Japanese translation to the title. This is a direct reference to this post, you know how people get Chinese and Japanses character tattoos without knowing for sure what they say? Well I'm doing the same thing [except I'm pretty sure they say "search" or "quest" or something to that effect.]

    By Blogger jaggd, at 3:40 PM  

  • 1. congrats on the new gig! and the guaranteed cash flow.

    2. happy belated birthday...

    3. i like the new chinese! (but i'm biased.)

    and 4. there are some russian mp3 sites where you can buy songs for 3 or 4 cents each; i say, get all the music your heart desires. unless you're morally opposed to things like that.

    take care :) and keep updating. i like to see how things are going for you.

    By Blogger jadis, at 4:18 AM  

  • we graduated a year ago today. and i'm sure as hell still searching. yup.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home