Title

5.27.2005

Rolling

I’ve been officially employed for one week. To be honest, the excitement of my new situation has worn off quickly. My expectations regarding the level of engagement my job would offer were minimal, so I am not surprised. However, I wonder how some people keep this job up for several years. I’m certainly not complaining, as my experiences so far have been largely enjoyable, though not especially noteworthy. In fact, the work environment is very close to my ideals, and it is clear that employees here are treated very well.

Just yesterday, I was taken out to lunch by the other members of my group within the department. The restaurant we went to was pricey and chic, the type of place I would never end up at on my own. And with the firm footing the bill, I didn’t feel guilty about eating there. We probably spend about two hours there, and nobody minded.

I could probably come and go as I please provided I was actually putting in 40 hours per week and getting all my work done… not that I have any reason for or intention to do so.
I doubt I will continue writing about my professional life in this blog, as I don’t foresee many interesting things to report. Unfortunately, the days of bizarre interview experiences are over. However, rest assured that I will find something to post every now and then, even if it does not reflect the same level of excitement (ha.)

2 Comments:

  • Rolling...in the dough! jesse DA MAN! It's too bad you didn't land US weekly, i could have used the fashion advice. An office full of smart people, eh? Is your witty banter going to get sharper? smahty pants? enjoy your glory!

    By Blogger cweizy, at 10:33 PM  

  • Happy Birthday, Tycoon!

    By Blogger Duby, at 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home