Title

6.02.2005

Albums...

These are the albums sitting in my iTunes cart. I want them, but I can't bring myself to click the "buy" button. I need some prodding. If you've heard any of them, give me feedback.

1. Mike Doughty - Haugty Melodic or Skittish/Rockity Roll
2. Phoenix - Alphabetical
3. Herbaliser - Blow Your Headphones
4. Nightmares On Wax - Carboot Soul
5. The Decemberists - Picaresque or Her Majesty

You know how you enjoy some albums you've purchased so much that they almost become intergrated into your identity? And then there are the albums that get played a few times, and left to gather dust with your Hootie and the Blowfish and Green Day CDs from middle school? Since my middle school albums have enough company, I want to feel any new stuff I get. Most of my recent acquisitions have been through resources that do not require monetary input, but I've pretty much exhausted those for the moment. So I need a fix.

Oh, and yesterday was my birthday, so all you bastards that forgot should start feeling ashamed right now. Then go out and buy me presents [see above if you need ideas.] Atonement is required before we can be on speaking terms again.

2 Comments:

  • i've not heard 'picaresque' but 'her majesty' is very, very good. it's one of those "every track is better than the last" albums, but i might download a track or two first because i think the singer's voice might be an acquired taste for some. i like it, but i dig the falsetto.

    tha herbaliser is great. do it up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 AM  

  • I don't mean to rub it in for the people who forgot your birthday, but actually I do. For all you who forgot, did you see my little comment under the last post??

    By Blogger Duby, at 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home