Title

2.08.2005

Models Are Stupid

Today was the interview at the talent management agency, which for the most part, was brief and uneventful. I was irritated by the fact that my wait to see the interviewer lasted far longer than the interview itself. My interview was scheduled for 4:00, so I showed up at 3:45, the standard 15 minutes early to show promptness and eagerness... At 4:30, I'm finally seen. The interviewer asked me approximately 2 questions, which could easily have been answered by my résumé,described the business to me in a few sentences, and then sends me on my way. He told me that everything he really needed to know was on the résumé, which of course negates the purpose of interviewing. So this whole outing would have been a complete waste of time, were it not for a hilarious scene that occurred during my wait.

I was sitting in the entryway of the office, glancing at a magazine that probably features one or several of the models managed by the agency, when a woman walks by on her way to the door. I assumed she was a model for the following reasons... She looked like a model [tall and gorgeous], she was wearing designer-type clothing, and we were in a modeling agency. The other possibility was that she worked there, but the following incident makes this very unlikely. As she crosses in front of me, and reaches the doorway, she walks full force into the door. Now this was door was not completely glass; it was a wooden door with a large glass panel, which she nearly shattered. She then turns to look at me (as I was the only person who saw this happen) and in an effort to defend her incredibly embarrassing encounter with an inanimate object, she says, "I didn't see that door there, did you?" She then hurried out before I had time to respond, leaving me with a polite smile, and a just-missed opportunity for the quip of a lifetime. [And yes, I saw the door.]

So I have no clue as to what, if anything, will come of this interview. They're just looking for an office bitch to answer phones, but there's definitely opportunity for growth. I didn't really have a chance to make much of an impression, so I made sure to send an intelligent and eager follow-up email. [Though I decided not to mention the model who smashed her face into their door, as it would likely have been perceived as an insult to their clientele.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home