Title

9.20.2005

Anniversary

Today marks the one-year anniversary of my move to NYC. One year ago today I showed up for the first day of my internship at the non-profit public art organization, an internship which ultimately did not prove very helpful in helping me establish career goals, find a job, or even to enjoy myself. And one year ago today I walked back across town on 23rd street, wondering what the hell I was doing in this city. I guess I'm still wondering the same thing... so I'll ask myself some questions to try and clarify things for myself.

So what has happened in this one year? Everything... Nothing... I suppose it all depends on how you look at it. Of course, I'm ultimately the same person, but I've grown a lot. I'm hesitant to make any sort of sweeping statement to encapsulate what has been a tremendously difficult time in my life, but one which has been equally rewarding. I'm also hesitant to call it a "formative" year because we never really finish forming. It could certainly be called "instructive" though.

So what have I learned? Rhetorical question... next.

So does this mean I'm a New Yorker now? Nope... go Sox.

So I probably won't be living here permanently? Oh hell no.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Don't be stupid, I don't know that... but yet another guy with way too much time on his hands does:
http://www.style.org/unladenswallow/

Sorry for that, I acutally think I need some time to reflect. Maybe I'll make and addendum post later on with more deep thoughts and probing questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home