Title

11.03.2006

Rich Coast, I'm Toast

A month since my last post. Bad jaggd. In my defense, I was in Costa Rica for 1/3 of that time, and I've been busy catching up at work since. I'll probably toss a few of the nicer pics up here just for archival purposes. I had a great time there, traveling from the city, to the volcano, to the rainforest, to the beach, and back again. Taking Spanish for 6 years definitely helped, although I only spoke as if I'd been studying it for 1 year. It's funny how time and studying another language will do that to you. And also interesting how one's brain can't integrate languages learned later in life, the same way that it can one's native tongue(s). If I feel up to it, I may also transcribe the entries from my journal, in which I wrote every other day or so on the trip. No promises, though. My 4-year-old-with-ADD-esque attention span has failed me in similar situations before.

Aside from that, I don't have any terribly interesting news to report. I'd rather do a bit of venting anyway. I'm 100% single now, which at first was just fantastic, but now my feelings on that are heavily influenced by my mood. And I'm placed in the awkward situation of having a shared group of friends with my ex-girlfriend. That's fine, I can be mature about it, or at least pretend to. But no matter what I tell other people, tell myself, tell her, I feel like the situation hasn't been entirely resolved. I just don't want things to get ugly. And I don't want to meet or know anything about her new boyfriend, unless it's that he sucks in every way compared to me. But she has good taste and judgement, so I don't expect that will be the case. I made a tactical error, though. I let my guard down as our relationship was disintegrating, and I got hurt. That was not supposed to happen. Lesson learned, I hope. Bitches and hos, man.

1 Comments:

  • and thank you, jg, for linking back to one of my favorite "the search" posts ever. =P that one, if any, deserves a remembrance click every now and then.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home