Title

8.30.2006

Get 'Em High

Total pop culture overload last night. Spent the entirety of the night in Times Square. The majority of the time was spent waiting, and the remaining time was spent being entertained. I got tickets to Comedy Central presents and saw Kyle Dunnigan and Deon Cole perform. Watch for me when the Kyle Dunnigan episode airs, I was in the front row and a camera was constantly hovering around. Apparently I'm just that sexy.

I also went to the Kanye West show which was supposed to start at 9 PM, and didn't acutally start until 10:30 PM. It turned out to be a pretty sweet show and featured appearances by Common, John Legend, and Pharrell Williams, who spent much of his time on stage humping the air in demonstration of his unsurpassable bedroom skillz. In between songs, Kanye alternated between wringing out liters of sweat from his shirt and quoting "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy". I recall him saying, "It's anchorman, not anchorlady" and "I'm Ron Burgundy?" ...at a hip-hop show. Yep, he's a revolutionary all right; a forward-thinker... brought to you by American Express.

Celebrity sighting of the night: Venus Williams at the concert. Apparently, she dropped out of the U.S. Open just so she could come see the show: http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2006-08-25/200608251156542595234.html Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home