Title

12.03.2004

The Unthinkable

So I sent in this two page response to follow up for the museum job. I doubt the guy who interviewed me will bother to read it in its entirety. But the words are there.

In other news, I have another interview at an advertising firm, so I decided to do something I've been avoiding for years. It's hard to even type it. I bought... a suit. I guess it was inevitable. I just couldn't go into this interview in my khakis and shirt; it's a business-y place. And suits are damn expensive, so I went to Sym's and bought a cheapo, but they tailor it, so at least it should fit right. Some lady sitting waiting for her husband commented about the sweater I was wearing. She said she liked how it looked, and wanted to know where I got it so she could get one for her son. But when I had this fancy suit on? Nothing. Not that I wanted her to tell me how adorable I looked, but it made me continue to be mystified by "suits." I don't think they look especially good, they restrict your movement, they're uncomfortable, and you can't really do much with a suit in terms of fashion. Accessorize with a belt and a watch? What do I look like? A yuppie?

1 Comments:

  • Wow, Jesse bought a suit. Does this mean you will start falling in love and having babies? Does this constitute a commencement of a fundamental process of demoralization, a consequence of participation in this 'hip NY art world'?

    What's really hot is that if you get the job, you'll have to buy even more suits. Bring on the money train...

    p.s. I just had to create an ID just to post. This thing is useless!

    By Blogger cweizy, at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home