Title

11.29.2004

More Frustration

Last week, before I went home for Thanksgiving, I sent out a whole bunch of applications, maybe about 5 or 6. I've heard back from just one of the places, and it was only a message confirming that they got my resume. But even a confirmation is appreciated. Hell, I'll take a straight-up rejection. At least tell me that I have no chance at even getting an interview, and that way I won't hold on to the tiny glimmer of hope that I might hear back about the perfect job to which I applied.

Every once in a while, I hear back from a place that I applied to months ago. For example, I applied for some sort of video assistant position at Cooper Union back in August. Just last week, I got a bulk email saying, "Dear Candidate, Unfortunately we were unable to interview you... blah blah." I mean, I had forgotten I sent them an application. At that point, we can just pretend we don't know each other. There's no need to break up if we were never really dating, know what I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home