Title

11.27.2004

Current Status

I've been seriously looking in NYC for about two months. So far I've mostly been applying for positions advertised on various art/media websites. I can't say how many times I've sent my resume out, because I lost count during the first week. I've had two interviews, both at photography firms that deal with advertising. I was turned down for one of the jobs, and don't expect to hear about the other one for a while (if at all.) I'm really discouraged, and quite mystified. I've got all these computer skills, I graduated magna cum laude from the top liberal arts college in the country, I have experience in a range of fields, and being so young and poor, my salary requirements are pretty pathetic. How am I not qualified to answer phones and make photocopies? Seriously, I want to know.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, I've been doing most of my job searching online, checking websites in the arts/media, and sending out cover letters and resumes via email. I'm kinda scared to just show up somewhere and shove an envelope in their faces, and I've heard this technique is a real shot in the dark. But, hey, if you know exactly what you want, maybe it's worth a shot. I, on the other hand, have no idea what I want.

    By Blogger jaggd, at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home